I just happened on this video clip 'Color Me In a Shopping Mood' on the Wall Street Journal's online edition and it's quite interesting to take note just how and why the economy is changing our shopping habits to base our choices by the color we need.
Regardless of what you design, sell; jewelry home decore hand-crafts color will be what determines how people may respond and ultimately decide to purchase - now, and into the future.
- Color is emotional
- Assign color to the right product
- What colors can I combine with what I already own
- Entice with color to make the sale!
Dominant colors which will will continue through from Spring Summer 2009 to Fall Winter 2009 - 2010
- Purple - continues to be one of the most consistent colors for several seasons now, Blue with purple undertones, and of course the various shades of purple and in the bead world amethyst.
- Yellow - so many shades to select from; thanks to Pantone for giving us such a range.